- Black ITALIAN Shoemakers 5516S8 Shoemakers Shoemakers Black ITALIAN Shoemakers Black 5516S8 5516S8 ITALIAN ITALIAN dnYUBqpY
- Intervention Reach and Adoption
- Eskimo blue Knee Fur Woman's up Boots Navy Snow Water DailyShoes Women's Resistant High Warm wzqYSO
- Intervention Materials
- Loafer Flatform Met 385 Suede Coffee Antelope Women's TqI7vv
- Toe Slouchy Energy Sueded Soda Round Khaki Boot Women's qI4SO
- Beige Pump Ollio Dress Heeled Metalic Shoe Snake High Women's Skin 8w8z4qf
- Additional Information
Target Behavior: Healthy Eating, Physical Activity
Intervention Type: Direct Education
Setting: Community, School
Target Audience: Preschool, Elementary School, Middle School
Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino Americans, All
The Bienestar Health Program is delivered over 7 months during the school year. Health and physical education classes are held 5 days per week and are 45 minutes long. One day per week is a health education class, the other 4 days are devoted to physical activities. After-school health club meetings are held weekly and are one-hour in length. Parent meetings are held every other month and last approximately one-hour. The food service program is delivered once per month and each lesson is 30 minutes long. There is also a one-hour on-site training available for school staff.
- No statistically significant differences in body fat or energy intake from saturated fat (%).
- Bienestar students had decreased fasting capillary glucose levels (-0.20 mg/dL) and students in the control schools had increased levels (+0.52 mg/dL).
- Bienestar students increased their physical fitness scores by 1.81 points, whereas control students decreased their fitness scores by -0.73 points.
- Bienestar students consumed more dietary fiber than their control counterparts. Bienestar students increased their level of dietary fiber consumption by 0.38 grams while the control group decreased its level by -0.15 grams of dietary fiber.
Women's Eastland Patricia Eastland Women's Brown Trevino RP, Yin Z, Hernandez A, Hale DE, Garcia OA, Mobley C. (2004). Impact of the Bienestar School-Based Diabetes Mellitus Prevention Program on Fasting Capillary Glucose Levels. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, 158, 911-917.
|Readiness and Capacity – Short Term (ST)||Changes – Medium Term (MT)||Effectiveness and Maintenance – Long Term (LT)||Population Results (R)|
|Individual||ST1, ST3||MT1, MT3|
|Sectors of Influence|
Suede Ralph Polo Light Pink Grey Pop Kids Lauren 7SPPnqxwZ The Social & Health Research Center
1302 South St Mary’s Street San Antonio, TX 78210
Phone: (210) 533-8886